Total Pageviews

Friday 29 July 2011

Caravan to Poland Friday

Not a lot to report today, spent most of the day driving, left Arnhem 10:00 with lots of help from the other campers, especially a very nice Dutch drainage engineer called Jan.

Massive amounts of traffic around Dortmund, the autobahns are especially complex there. It seems that the area is close to gridlock. Wasted lots of time because I took a wrong turning.

Arrived Dresden just after 8 o'clock in the evening in a fine mist of rain after a very long drive.

One thing sort of puzzled me, I was expecting to see differences in things because I am now in what used to be behind the 'iron curtain'. Before 1992 it was a different country known as Eastern Germany. Western Germany must have  spent a great deal of money making the autobahns look just the same.

Looking forward to tomorrow, all being well, I will make my goal and for the first time visit Poland.

No comments:

Post a Comment