Total Pageviews

Sunday 4 August 2013

Well it has been ages and ages since I have posted here, well over a year in fact. Basically being lonely miles from home is not my idea of fun. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed my trips to Edinburgh, Amsterdam and Sweden in terms of a sense of achievement and getting some nice photographs, but having no one to share the experience with, made it a sort of non event, going to Poland with Lisa and Angie, taught me that, also having someone to help in coupling and uncoupling the caravan and getting the scooter in and out of the car, made it much less of an ordeal.

As I'm registered disabled, this qualifies me to be a member of the government motability scheme, which means either extra money for help getting around, or a scheme where that money is paid to lease a car. Part of the deal is you get a new car every three years. I'm now on to my third Citroen C4. The second Citroen, I paid a lot of money to have a tow bar fitted, so I could tow my caravan.

As the last time I had a trip out with my caravan, was the previous entry in this blog, over a year ago, when I collected my new Citroen back at the beginning of May, I did not bother to have a new tow bar fitted, because of the expense, and the lonely caravanning ordeal.

Last week I saw something on a science website I visit most days, asking for volunteers for a COPD study in London, I applied and they accepted my application, to see if I qualify for the study.

So tomorrow morning I'm setting off on my travels again, to London this time, only for a day though.

Here is a picture of my new Citroen, with the scooter inside.


The place in London I'm visiting, is very close to London bridge, so I expect to get some shots of Thames.


            

No comments:

Post a Comment